2018: The Best of Greece (6670)
10 days from Athens to Athens
On this Best of Greece tour, discover the best of historic and mythical-as well as modern-Greece. As the birthplace of Western civilization, Greece has some of the world's most fascinating archaeological sites, and now is your chance to explore the Greek Isles on your affordable tour of Greece. Your tour starts and ends in Athens and overnights along the way in Nauplia, Sparta, Olympia, Delphi, and Kalambaka.Step back in time as you visit some of Greece's ancient sites where the Mycenaean civilization thrived in Greece between 1600 and 1200 BC. At the Mycenae archaeological site, learn about this civilization as you enjoy guided sightseeing of the monuments erected here between 1350 and 1200 BC. In Athens, visit the Acropolis, still standing after 2,500 years. Dedicated to the goddess Athena, the Acropolis sits high on a rocky hill and is a symbol of the wealth and power of Athens at its apex. Visit the amazingly well-preserved, 2,300-year-old open-air theater in Epidaurus and marvel at the perfect acoustics. You'll step back in history-but not as far back as Ancient Greece-when you enjoy sightseeing of the medieval Byzantine Citadel of Mystra, a castle founded in 1249. Also visit the fantastic landscape of Meteora with its 24 rock-top monasteries set in almost inaccessible sandstone peaks.On this affordable Greece tour, you'll travel to Olympia, legendary home of the Olympic Games, and Delphi, where people visited in ancient Greece to seek the advice of the Oracle. But that's not all?you'll experience modern Greece as well. Cross over the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, the spectacular Rion-Antirion Bridge, which links the Peloponnese to the Greek mainland. From the ancient ruins to contemporary engineering -with beautiful landscapes in between-this tour through Greece is perfectly designed for value-minded travelers. You'll agree that your affordable Greece tour is a once-in-a-lifetime vacation!
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to start exploring the Greek capital. Later, meet your Tour Director.|
|Day 2||Athens||A day to discover Athens at leisure, visiting one of the museums or strolling through the Plaka district, or an opportunity to see island life from the cruise ship on the optional 3-island cruise, visiting Aegina, Poros, and Hydra. (B)|
|Day 3||Nauplia||Join the included guided tour of Athens, featuring the highlights of this ancient capital with a visit to the ACROPOLIS. Next, cross the CORINTH CANAL and journey into the Argolis to stop in EPIDAURUS, located in the hilly countryside dotted with pine trees and oleanders. In this magnificent setting, visit the ancient OPEN-AIR THEATER that can still seat 14,000 spectators. Head for the coast to Nauplia. (B)|
|Day 4||Sparta||This morning, enjoy the included excursion to the ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE and the MUSEUM OF MYCENAE, a city fortress cursed by the gods but rich in gold and warrior kings. Travel deep into the Peloponnese to Sparta, where history hangs between reality and legend. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Olympia||Enjoy the included sightseeing of the medieval BYZANTINE CITADEL OF MYSTRA, at one time known as the 'Florence of the East.' Continue to Olympia. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Delphi||Focus on Olympia, where the athletes of antiquity performed in honor of the king of deities. Spend some free time or learn more about the history of the Olympic Games on the optional sightseeing tour. Later, drive north to Patras, the capital of the Peloponnese and the west coast's largest port. Then, via the spectacular RION-ANTIRION BRIDGE through the picturesque fishing villages along the south coast of the mainland to mystical Delphi. (B)|
|Day 7||Kalambaka||Optional morning sightseeing of the archaeological site in Delphi. Once called the 'Navel of the Earth,' Delphi was the greatest oracle of the ancient world, where people flocked to seek advice. Now, it's one of the grandest sites in Greece. On to Kalambaka. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Athens||A short drive to Meteora, a cluster of spectacular Christian-Orthodox MONASTIC BUILDINGS perched in an unforgettable manner on a set of rising rock formations. They were originally built by hermit monks living in caves carved into the rocks. Later, drive south to Athens. Why not join the optional Greek dinner? (B)|
|Day 9||Athens||A full day at leisure to explore the unseen parts of the city, do last-minute shopping, or maybe even join an optional excursion. (B)|
|Day 10||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $450No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Athens:in single room $132; in twin / in triple $78
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).