Brochure Type: Europe & Britain: Preview 2022
An all-encompassing journey of magnificent menus, outstanding scenery and incredible cultural heritage, this itinerary brings you face-to-face with Europe's finest attractions. Celebrate Catalonia with a small-group pintxo (tapas) tasting, enjoy a tasting of robust Tuscan reds and ascend to the top of Europe on Mount Stanserhorn to learn about regional fauna and flora from a Swiss Ranger. You will meet passionate locals along the way who will share insider knowledge and enrich your experience.
- Paris: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at a local restaurant in the heart of Paris for a delightful Welcome Dinner, served with wine.
- San Sebastian: Dine with the locals, in Basque tradition, during an evening of pintxos. Your progressive dinner enables you to select a variety of snack-sized delicacies, each with their own flavour and presentation, making each guest's meal unique. Be sure to try some of the local Txakoli wine.
- Avignon: At a local farm learn about olive oil and enjoy a tasting of the freshest produce before indulging in a Farm-to-Table dinner of traditional French home-style cuisine.
- Venice: In St Marks Square at sunset, long after the day-trippers have gone to their mainland hotels, sip Bellini cocktails canal-side before dinner at a local restaurant.
- Lucerne: Choose from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening and hand-pick your preferred ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Amsterdam: Toast the culmination of your travels during a fabulous Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 26 Breakfasts (B), 1 Morning Tea (MT) and 8 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Paris: Choose between shopping in quaint boutiques like a true Parisian with your Local Expert or alternatively, join an avid foodie to explore small shops and sample local treats and delicacies.
- Vienna: Choose between a visit to a traditional coffeehouse to enjoy Viennese specialities of coffee and Sachertorte or alternatively, listen to the musical masterpiece of Mozart, as you take to the floor in a Viennese Waltz dance lesson.
- Stanserhorn: Choose between a walk along beautiful scenic pathways for a chance to see native animals or alternatively, join a Swiss ranger to learn about local fauna and flora.
- Madrid: Visit the Reina Sofia Museum with an art historian and see Pablo Picasso's masterpiece Guernica, one of the world's greatest anti-war paintings.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Rhine Valley: The beautiful scenery of the Rhine River is punctuated by the many castles dotted along its banks. Delight in a private estate viewing of one of these Rhineland castles and learn more about these living cultural monuments located along the Middle Rhine.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices.The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy a scenic drive through the Loire Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is known as the Jardins de France thanks to a wide variety of beautifully-manicured gardens that decorate the grounds of elegant estates. Relax and take in the scenery of the Pyrenees Mountains, Guadarrama Mountains, Castilian Plain, French Riviera, Tuscany, Chianti, Umbria, Apennine Mountains, Valley of the River Po, Styria, Swiss Alps and Rhine Valley.
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth, high-speed Eurostar train as you journey from London to Europe via the revolutionary Channel Tunnel.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Amboise: See the Royal Chateau beside the Loire River.
- Bordeaux: Your Local Expert will show you the quayside facades, Grand Theatre, Triangle d'Or and magnificent Esplanade des Quinconces.
- San Sebastian: Led by your Local Expert, enjoy a guided walking tour of the Old Quarter including Plaza de la Constitucion.
- Burgos: See the burial place of El Cid in the magnificent Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Expert. Visit the Old Town, travelling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the fountain in the Plaza de Cibeles, the Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace, before crossing the Puerta del Sol.
- Barcelona: Explore the heart of the Gothic Quarter with your Local Expert. See the cathedral, walk through the Roman gate and tour the narrow lanes and old squares. You will also enjoy a drive down Las Ramblas and the elegant Passeig de Gracia to witness some of the finest Modernist architecture. Journey through the Eixample district to see Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the mesmerising Sagrada Familia.
- Avignon: View the Pont d'Avignon and walk the medieval narrow streets of the Old Town to the Palais des Papes.
- Nice : Enjoy exploring the beautiful coastal town of Nice on the French Riviera.
- Monaco: Explore inside Monaco Cathedral.
- Pisa: Your Local Expert will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
- Florence: Join a Local Expert to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square. See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods.
- Rome: During your orientation with you Travel Director see the medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Ljubljana: Explore this elegant capital with your Local Expert, to see the castle City Hall, Cathedral of St Nicholas and Triple Bridge.
- Maribor: Led by your Travel Director, explore this charming city, the second largest in Slovenia. Take a moment to appreciate the blend of old and new architecture.
- Vienna: Walk through the first district, Inner Stadt, as your Local Expert reveals why this is the historic core of the city. You will also tour the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Salzburg: Join your Local Expert to visit the formal gardens of Mirabell Palace and Residence Square - both locations used in 'The Sound of Music.' You will also see the imposing fortress, the immense cathedral and Mozart's birthplace on the lively Getreidegasse.
- Innsbruck: Enjoy an orientation with your Travel Director as you walk the narrow streets of the Old Town, lined with medieval houses and arcades, to see the Golden Roof.
- Vaduz: Admire the Royal family's residence, Vaduz Castle, which overlooks the capital and is surrounded by year-round snow peaked mountains.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Stanserhorn Summit: A spectacular journey by cable car and cogwheel railway takes you to the summit for expansive mountain views over Lake Lucerne.
- Amsterdam: Cruise along the old waterways, discovering the architectural gems of the old city, including mansions dating from the Golden Age of the 17th Century.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- You may purchase arrival transfers from London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on arrival days, or when additional nights accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations
- If your departure flights are as per the itinerary end dates, departure transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way to the airport
- Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport
Call (718) 605-1600 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15545780
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 27 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London.: Welcome to London. After checking into your hotel, the afternoon is free to enjoy a city that is famous for its pomp and pageantry. Perhaps relax with a walk along the Serpentine in Hyde Park or window shop in the elegant boutiques of Knightsbridge? Alternatively, you may want to stroll along the Thames to the iconic Tower Bridge and Tower of London.|
Park Plaza Victoria London.
|Day 2||Paris||London to Paris by Eurostar.: Meet your Travel Director at 07:30 and after a warm welcome, transfer to London's St. Pancras Station to board the high-speed Eurostar. Your comfortable rail journey takes you via the Channel Tunnel to Paris where you can spend the afternoon as you please. During your time in Paris, see the impressive Eiffel Tower, the magnificent Notre-Dame Cathedral and the imposing facades of the Louvre. Discover the banks of the River Seine with its many romantic bridges, see the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and drive along the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe. Later, join your Travel Director at a local restaurant in the heart of Paris for a fabulous Welcome Dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel.
|Day 3||Paris||Paris, the City of Light: Your exploration of Paris today begins with an Insight Choice. Choose between shopping in quaint boutiques like a true Parisian with your Local Expert or alternatively, join a Local Expert, an avid foodie, to explore small shops and sample local treats and delicacies. With the afternoon free, there are countless opportunities to enjoy the lively atmosphere of this glittering city. (Breakfast)|
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel.
|Day 4||Bordeaux||Amboise and on to Bordeaux: Head southwards towards Chateaux Country. Take a scenic drive along the Loire Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The region is known as the Jardins de France for the beautifully maintained gardens that were created on vast estates as outdoor living areas. Stop in Amboise, set beside the Loire River to see the impressive Royal Chateau. Continue on to the bustling seaport of Bordeaux with its unique 18th century character. (Breakfast)|
Pullman Bordeaux Lac, Bordeaux.
|Day 5||San Sebastian||Bordeaux and San Sebastian: Join a Local Expert for a guided tour of France's best 18th century architecture. The facades of the quaysides, the Grand Theatre, Triangle d'Or and magnificent Esplanade des Quinconces all contribured to Bordeaux earn inclusion on UNESCO's World Heritage list. Next, continue to picturesque San Sebastian where you will have the chance to dine with the locals in the evening. In small groups, wander through the Old Town for a progressive dinner, as you enjoy the gastronomic Basque tradition of pintxos. Similar to tapas, enjoy a variety of snack-sized treats to make your meal and be sure to try some of the local Txakoli wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Barcelo Costa Vasca, San Sebastian.
|Day 6||Madrid||Burgos and Madrid: Journey south through the Pyrenees foothills and the land of 'El Cid' to stop in Burgos where you can visit the cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Continue along the Guadarrama Mountains to the plateau of New Castile and Spain's elegant capital of Madrid. In the evening, why not see the city lit up it all its glory, with a drive along the grand avenues and past the spectacular fountains? (Breakfast)|
Hotel Riu Plaza De Espana, Madrid.
|Day 7||Madrid||Madrid: Join your Local Expert for a sightseeing tour of the Old Town as well as, along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana and past the fountain in the Plaza de Cibeles. Next, see Guernica, Pablo Picasso's masterpiece in Reina Sofia Museum with an Art Historian . The evening is free to relax at a cafe or shop in the trendy boutiques. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Riu Plaza De Espana, Madrid.
|Day 8||Barcelona||Madrid and beautiful Barcelona: Cross the Castilian plain, past Zaragoza, and continue to the vibrant port of Barcelona. In the evening, why not try delicious local Catalan cuisine and as night descends, view the city from the heights of Montjuic, with lights sparkling below from the mountains to sea. (Breakfast)|
|Day 9||Barcelona||Barcelona, City of Gaudi: Join your Local Expert to explore the heart of the Gothic Quarter. See the cathedral and walk through the Roman gate to tour the narrow lanes and old squares. Travel by the Ramblas and along the Passeig de Gracia, adorned with some of the most flamboyant Modernist buildings. Continue through the Eixample district to see Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the mesmerising Sagrada Familia. (Breakfast)|
|Day 10||Avignon||Avignon, the City of Popes: Journey to Avignon to see the famous Pont d'Avignon, once spanning the Rhone and immortalised in songs. Walk within the medieval narrow streets of the Old Town to stand in the shadow of the old Palais des Papes, resembling a fortress. Learn about olive oil and enjoy a tasting of the freshest produce. After, indulge in a Farm-to-Table dinner, a delicious insight into traditional French home-style cuisine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Cloitre Saint-Louis, Avignon.
|Day 11||Nice||On the shores of Nice: Journey along the French Riviera to the elegant town of Nice, where the rest of the day is at your leisure to stroll along the fabled Promenade des Anglais or relax on the beach. (Breakfast)|
Hotel West End, Nice.
|Day 12||Florence||Monaco and Pisa: Travel to Monaco where you are driven along part of the Grand Prix circuit, before walking with your Travel Director through the old town. See the Royal Palace where the Grimaldi family live, the yacht-filled harbour and visit the cathedral, housing the tombs of the late Prince Rainier and Princess Grace. Cross into Italy and follow the arc of the Italian Riviera before arriving in Pisa. In the Square of Miracles, stop to see the incredible Leaning Tower of Pisa with a Local Expert, from which Galileo is said to have conducted experiments on velocity and gravity. Also see the splendid 11th century cathedral and baptistery, decorated with mosaics and designs in solid marble. (Breakfast)|
NH Firenze, Florence.
|Day 13||Florence||Renaissance Florence: Walk with your Local Expert to the marble-clad cathedral and baptistery, where Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise have been recreated in all their glory. The next stop is Piazza della Signoria, still the political heart of Florence and an open-air gallery of Renaissance masterpieces. Spend time gazing at statues such as Neptune and David along the front of the Palazzo Vecchio. The area around Santa Croce Basilica is famous for the quality of its luxury goods of gold and leather and there's free time to shop or continue exploring. (Breakfast)|
NH Firenze, Florence.
|Day 14||Rome||The Eternal City of Rome: Relax and enjoy the grand landscapes of the Chianti hills and Umbria, before passing the Apennine Mountains to arrive at the Eternal City, filled with classic antiquities, medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches. In the evening, enjoy a traditional meal at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Veneto Palace Hotel, Rome.
|Day 15||Rome||Exploring Papal Rome: A Local Expert introduces the grandeur of the city, starting with the Vatican State, the richest community on the world. Visit the Vatican Museums, full of priceless treasures collected by the Popes. Insight provides special VIP, fast-tracked entry to avoid the crowds, together with behind-the-scenes access to the Bramante Staircase - a marvel of Renaissance architecture normally off-limits to the general public. Once inside the Sistine Chapel, admire Michelangelo's famous ceiling. Next door, visit St. Peter's Basilica to admire Michelangelo's emotive 'Pieta' and see Bernini's intricately carved Papal Altar. The rest of the day is yours to shop in the trendy boutiques or relax at a sidewalk cafe. Perhaps join an Optional Experience to visit the Colosseum, the scene of many gladiatorial contests, and see the Roman Forum? (Breakfast)|
Veneto Palace Hotel, Rome.
|Day 16||Rome||Rome at Leisure: The day is yours to enjoy Rome at your own pace. Perhaps take an optional experience to the ill-fated town of Pompeii, frozen in time when it was engulfed by an eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD. Alternatively, spend some time in the boutiques of the Via del Corso, the Via Nazionale or the elegant designer stores near the Spanish Steps? As night falls, why not sip on prosecco at a sidewalk cafe in Piazza Navona - the Living Room of Rome - and enjoy life's pageantry pass by? (Breakfast)|
Veneto Palace Hotel, Rome.
|Day 17||Venice||Autostrada del Sole to Venice: Journey through peaceful Tuscan landscapes, to descend past Bologna into the fertile Valley of the River Po. Arrive at the glorious city of Venice by water taxi and savour a cocktail at sunset whilst you are serenaded by an ensemble of talented musicians, long after the day-trippers have returned to their mainland hotels, before enjoying dinner at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Eurostars Residenza Cannaregio, Venice.
|Day 18||Venice||The Magic of La Serenissima: Wake up ready to embrace this romantic city. Admire the Doge's Palace and its adjoining Bridge of Sighs. Witness the skill of glassblowers and learn how the Venetian gondola is made on a visit to a traditional arts centre, before taking a private cruise to St. Mark's Square where St. Mark's Basilica exudes the city's former wealth and power. (Breakfast)|
Eurostars Residenza Cannaregio, Venice.
|Day 19||Venice||Venice to elegant Ljubljana: Depart Venice by water taxi and continue your journey to the Slovenian capital of Ljubljana. A Local Expert shows you including Pre?eren square with the Triple bridge, baroque Franciscan Church and and the lively banks of Ljubljanica river. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Lev Ljubljana.
|Day 20||Vienna||Ljubljana to Vienna: Follow the Drava River and cross over the Slovenian border to reach the 700-year-old university town of Maribor. Continue past Graz through Styria's forested mountains and on to Vienna. (Breakfast)|
|Day 21||Vienna||Vienna and the Habsburgs: In the morning, there is the option to join a private tour of Maria Theresa's Schonbrunn Palace and formal gardens.Later, get your camera ready for a drive around the famous Ring Road. This grand boulevard, built alongside the lines of the old city walls, showcases many of the capitol's architectural masterpieces, including the Opera House, magnificent Hofburg Imperial Residence and Parliament. Later, join your Local Expert for a walk through Innere Stadt, the first district and historic core of Vienna. Explore Vienna with Insight Choice. Choose between a visit to a traditional Viennese Cafe to enjoy local specialities of coffee and sachertorte or alternatively, listen to a musical masterpiece of Mozart as you take to the floor in a Viennese Waltz dance lesson. (Breakfast)|
|Day 22||Lucerne||Liechtenstein to Lucerne: Journey past flower-filled meadows and picturesque chalet-style villages to the Principality of Liechtenstein. Spend some time in its tiny capital, Vaduz, then cross into Switzerland and through glorious mountains to lakeside Lucerne. On arrival, visit Lucerne's proud Lion Monument, carved into a limestone cliff and dedicated to the heroic Swiss Guards who died defending King Louis XVI during the French Revolution. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Astoria, Lucerne.
|Day 23||Lucerne||Lucerne and Mt Stanserhorn: In the morning, embark on a scenic journey by funicular railway and open-top cable car to the summit of the stunning Mount Stanserhorn. Breathe in the pristine mountain air and, on a clear day, witness views as far as Alsace and the Black Forest in Germany. Explore Stanserhorn with Insight Choice. Choose to walk along beautiful scenic pathways for a chance to see marmots and other native animals or alternatively, join a Swiss ranger and hear a talk to learn about local wildlife and flora in the area. With the day free, there is plenty of time for shopping for delectable chocolate and glamorous Swiss watches in the traffic-free Old Town. Perhaps venture into the countryside for a delightful horse-drawn carriage ride and meet the local farmers? At night, you are offered a fine selection of restaurants to choose from for your Dine-Around Evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Astoria, Lucerne.
|Day 24||Wurzburg||Legends along the Rhine: Enjoy travelling through Germany and follow the Rhine Valley north to Konigswinter. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Maritim Hotel Konigswinter.
|Day 25||Amsterdam||The Canals of Amsterdam: Delight in a private estate viewing of one of the famous Rhineland castles and learn more about these living cultural monuments situated along the Middle Rhine over a glass of wine. Continue your travels to Amsterdam. The best way to see this remarkable city is from the water as you cruise through the canal district, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Admire the elegant merchant houses from the 16th and 17th centuries, their facades are a reflection of when trade flourished during Amsterdam's Golden Age. Relax as you pass stunning gables, beautiful churches and the iconic Magere Brug, better known as the Skinny Bridge. In the evening, toast your adventure and new-found friends during a Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam.
|Day 26||Innsbruck||Salzburg and on to Innsbruck: Pass the impressive Benedictine monastery of Melk before reaching the enchanting city of Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and the iconic musical 'The Sound of Music'. A Local Expert will show you the formal gardens of Mirabell Palace, including the fountains and statues where the 'Do, Re, Mi' scene was filmed. Cross Residence Square with its fountain, where Maria sings 'I Have Confidence' and see the imposing fortress, the immense cathedral and Mozart's birthplace on the lively Getreidegasse. Perhaps join an excursion to the famous Eagle's Nest? Continue to the mountain ringed Tyrolean capital of Innsbruck to see the Golden Roof and Imperial Palace. (Breakfast)|
AC Hotel Innsbruck.
|Day 27||London||Return London: In the morning, travel to Brussels for your high-speed Eurostar train journey. On arrival, you are transferred to the Park Plaza Victoria where your trip ends. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: (4a) This departure will stay at an alternative hotel of similar standard in Paris.(4b) These departures will stay at an alternative hotel of similar standard in outside of Barcelona.(4c) These departures will stay at an alternative hotel of similar standard in Vienna.(4d) These departures will stay at an alternative hotel of similar standard in Lljubliana. (3a) These departures will stay at an alternative hotel of similar standard in Rome.(3b) This departure will stay at an alternative hotel of similar standard in Florence.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class